Monday, September 14, 2009

So I got up this morning a little earlier than usual and headed down to the pond to the north of my house. It was a pleasant morning with me as breakfast for the mosquitoes. It was still a great morning to be in the sun and seeing some local wildlife. This first pic is not the best but I thought it was funny. The bigger turtle is trying to get the smaller turtle off her rock. It looks like she's yelling at him. Could she possibly be the Clever Turtle? Hmmmm... something to think about. There were some robins going crazy over the fruit from a river grape. I think they made an interesting picture.
Next to them a Flicker flew in.
And to my right a cute little downy woodpecker was trying to get the bugs out of the cottonwood tree. He's looking right at me in the first picture.
Across the pond two deer walked by. They really are beautiful creatures.
There was also a black crowned night heron and a great white egret but they were too far away for me to get a good image.

No comments:

Post a Comment