Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Amazing Flying PeeWee

Hello!
My name is PeeWee. I'm a baby grey squirrel.
I found this giant foot that was attached to a giant on Wednesday night. I was just minding my own business, tucked safely in my nest when an intruder squirrel ripped my nest apart and threw me and my sister out of the tree. We fell down 35 feet the to ground. That's when I ran up to this shoe attached to this giant. My sister went into the garden and ran away. I don't know where she went.
Then this giant, who's name is Bill, picked me up took me into this big cage he called the "screen tent". He kept asking me what my name was and if I was all right. I kept telling him my name was PeeWee but I guess I wasn't saying it loud enough because he kept asking me. Then he got this rectangle and started talking into it. He said, "Hi Darcy, I caught a squirrel!".
Then he got some pieces of cloth and wrapped me in them. I was so scared. I was shaking really badly because I was cold and really missed my mommy. The Bill giant then put me on the floor of the screen tent cage and I burrowed down into the pieces of cloth.
The Darcy giant came into the tent. She asked the Bill giant what he was going to do with me. I liked the Bill and Darcy giants. He said he didn't know. It was dark by this time and they were shining bright objects into my eyes trying to look at me. The Darcy giant told the Bill giant to put me in another kind of cage called a "carrier". He put some more pieces of cloth in the carrier cage and put me in it. The Darcy giant made me some peanut butter crackers but the Bill giant said that I needed Pedilite and puppy milk replacement formula. He said he read it on the computer. So the Bill giant took away the peanut butter and gave me some water and lettuce. They put me in the a bigger cage called a "garage" and turned the light off. They went to look for my sister. They looked all over but never found her.
I was so tired from being scared and cold and lonely for my mommy that I went right to sleep.
The next morning I was already to go. I was yelling for someone to come and feed me. I didn't know where my new mommy, Bill the giant, was. I need food and I needed it now. I didn't like this carrier cage either. I was climbing all over it. The Darcy giant told the Bill giant to put me in the yard in the carrier cage and maybe my old mommy would come and get me.
I was yelling up a storm. I wanted food and I wanted it now! All of a sudden there was my old mommy jumping all over the carrier cage. She was telling me to come out. But I couldn't get out because I didn't know how to open the door. The Bill giant came and opened the door. He started to run away.
"Hey, come back here! Your my new mommy and I'm hungry!" I ran after the Bill giant. The Darcy giant told the Bill giant to get into the garage and close the door. I didn't know what to do. I was looking all over. Where was I supposed to go? Then I looked back and saw my old mommy by my carrier cage. I ran up to her and she gave me a big hug. I was so glad to see her again. She put me in her mouth and brought me all the way back up to my old home up in the tree. Then she went to look for my sister.
I'm glad I'm at home with my real mommy. She feeds me better things then lettuce. Yuk! I watch the Bill and Darcy giants down below and say "Hi!" to them all the time. I don't think they can hear me. When I get older I will go down and visit with them again.

2 comments:

  1. Those giants have giant hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful adn Bless your giant hearts.
    I hope Pee Wee has come to visit.
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete