Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Little Wren, Big Noise

We have a house wren (maybe two) that has taken residence at our residence. She unbelievably loud! And she is not afraid to let everyone know that its 5:30 a.m.

I decided I had to get a few shots of her. I set my camera on the tripod, attached the remote shutter release and left the garden to wait for her from inside the house. She didn't like the camera and the noise it was making at all. Wren's are extremely territorial. Here's a shot of her dive bombing my camera. Too funny! I'm glad she didn't leave any artifacts behind.


She finally got used to the camera's clicking noise. She relaxed and I was able to get a few shots in. Not the best perspective of her but unfortunately for me I don't think she's going anywhere soon. I'll have plenty of chances to get more shots of her.

Nikon D80, f/5/3, 1/400sec., ISO-100, 315mm
                                                     

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! We have them, too, and they ARE noisy. Super chattery. Drives my kitties nuts. One talks back to her. So I hear both wren and Bean Kitty chattering all day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Darcy,
    Reading your post is like visiting in your backyard, thanks for inviting us.
    Kallan

    ReplyDelete