Friday, October 9, 2009

"Not Quite" wins Honorable Mention in Vicinity Show

"Not Quite" was entered into the "Vicinity" Show in St. Charles, IL. It was honored with the prize of Honorable Mention. This is the piece in a series that studies originality, composition, and presentation. "Not Quite" is a the first publicly shown piece with a new presentation process.
This is an example of the piece submitted however this piece is only 3" x 5" and is attached to a canvas wrapped frame painted black. The fabric is a black cotton, discharged, and a surface design application of painted fusible web has been added. It has been stitched together and quilted.
Above is the announcement for the show. I hope to see some of you there!

2 comments:

  1. I am south of there about an hour and a half, I am writing the date on my calendar and will be there if at all possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darcy - can't be there, but that's a great piece. I love doing discharge and got all psyched again after reading the latest Quilting Arts. Mostly I sell fabric; right now I have a million ideas for some high-end stuff. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete